Wednesday, August 6, 2014
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, "The most intelligent person is the one who remembers death often."
Explanation : If a person is thought to be very intelligent, yet fails exam after exam, soon all those around him/her will begin to think that he/she is not really very intelligent after all. To get through life with your faith intact, with good deeds, and with Allah’s pleasure as your greatest goal, is the biggest exam you will ever face.
If you fail the exam of life you cannot call yourself intelligent, regardless of what else your “intelligence” allowed you to accumulate of education, wealth, fame or pleasure. These will all go to waste with your death, while you will still have to stand before your Lord and face the consequences for eternity.
Your intelligence would have failed you if it didn’t give you the sense to properly attempt the biggest exam of your life. Such intelligence is cursed! In an examination hall if you start watching a movie, or discussing the score of a game, or pull out a lavish meal to eat, would you be considered sensible? No matter what your I.Q., you’d be considered mad.
This life is one big exam. Are you busy answering the questions of what to believe and what to do or are you busy entertaining yourself? The time for enjoyment is later. Those who prepare and do well in the exam of life will be considered the intelligent ones for eternity.
The people in Hell will say about themselves, "Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we should not (now) be among the Companions of the Blazing Fire!" [Al-Quran 67:10]
We are so engrossed in our various pursuits that the reality of death does not occur to us. Constant remembrance of death would keep us from getting easily distracted by the glittery entertainment beckoning from all directions, preventing us from seriously attempting the exam of life. Keeping death in mind would help us abstain from sin and motivate us to do good deeds without delay.
The most intelligent person is the one who gives the exam of life his/her full attention, since there are no re-takes.
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
201. To bury two bodies unnecessarily in one grave.
202. To offer the salaah of janaazah (bier, a corpse) in the masjid.
203. To offer salaah in front of a picture.
204. To offer salaah having pictures to either side.
205. To bow on the picture.
206. To use either silver or gold plates & utensils.
207. To kiss a corpse.
208. To precede unnecessarily in saluting a non-muslim( If a non-muslims salutes (says Salaam) then its reply should be 'wa-alaik" or "hada-kallah")
209. To stop any prayer (salaah).
210. To sit in the way (path) of people .
211. To sit at home instead of going to the Masjid after listening to the azan.
212. To eat more though the belly is filled (One may eat more for observing a fast or for giving company to a guest).
213. To eat without hunger ( Due to sickness, if one does not feel hungry, such a person can eat for keeping the energy).
214. To make a sign by hand instead of saying salaam (One can make a sign of salaam by hand to those who are sitting away).
215. To stand in respect at anyone's arrival while reading the Holy Qur'an [One can stand at the arrival of father or ustadh (teacher) ].
216. To mistrust the muslims.
217. To be proud and unconcerned.
218. To keep mum after listening to anyone's back-biting.
219. To cry by yelling or tearing clothes upon any calamity.
220. To beat the breast or break pots upon any calamity.
221. To continue leadership (Imaamat) even though people are displeased with the spiritual leader (Imam).
222. To talk during the sermons (Khutbahs) of Jumu'ah (friday) and the Eids.
223. To talk during the sermons of Nikah (marriage) and Haj.
223. To talk where the reading of Qur'an is on.
224. To talk where the preaching talk/lecture is on.
225. To talk where the reference of Allah (Dhikr) is being made.
226. To talk while reading the Hadith.
227. To throw impurity on the roof of the Masjid.
228. To make children over seven years sleep together.
229. To sleep with children over seven years.
230. To read the Qur'an in state of Janaabat (sexual impurity).
231. To read the Qur'an in state of Haidh (menstruation) or Nifaas (bleeding after child-birth).
232. To exaggerate anything.
233. To use artificial speech.
234. To spend time doing worthless things.
235. To have sexual intercourse with one's wife when she is in the state of Haidh or Nifaas.
236. To go beyond limit in merry-making.
237. To disclose anyone's secrets.
238. To be narrow-minded in fulfilling the rights of fellow beings.
239. Not to keep one's promise.
240. To cheat and play tricks with people.
241. To harbor jealousy & malice in the heart for a person because of the blessings Allah has bestowed upon him
242. Not to offer Salaah due to laziness
243. To kill one's children for fear of poverty
244. Women walking outside the home without any reason
245. Making show of beauty & talking loudly in public by the women
246. Wandering of the woman without the proper Islaimc hijaab
247. Attempts of men to see unfamiliar women
248. Attempts of women to see unfamiliar men
249. Sitting of men near the unfamilar women
250. Sitting of women near the unfamiliar men
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
152. To offer salaah at mid-day.
153. To offer salaah during sunset.
154. To observe fast on Eid ul Fir or Eid ul Adha.
155.. To observe fast on three days following Eid ul Adha.
156. To pass urine or sit for latrine facing the direction of the Qibla.
157. To have intercourse with one's wife without offering Kaffara (atonement) after calling her mother.
158. The travelling of a woman without a mehram.
159. To preserve the drinks and eatables in expectation of their rising prices.
160. To create obstacle in anyone's purchasing/trade.
161. To break anyone's marriage proposal.
162. To become an agent of villagers who have come to sell their goods.
163. To purchase the goods of farmers outside the town and to sell them at high prices.
164. To get oneself busy after listening to the first Azan of Jumu'ah instead of going to the masjid.
165. To hide any fault of a thing while selling it.
166. To keep any sort of wine at home.
167. To do business in wine.
168. To urinate while standing.
169. To urinate in the bathroom.
170. To urinate at the quay.
171. To steal either a small or a big thing.
172. To say Azan in the state of Janaabat (sexual impurity).
173. To enter the masjid in the state of Janaabat.
174. To stand in salaah by putting one's hand on the side of the waist.
175. Covering of the cloak in salaah which makes the movements of hands difficult.
176. To turn or twist clothes while offering salaah.
177. To shake any limbs while offering salaah without any reason.
178. To stand or sit facing the person who is offering salaah.
179. To see left, right or towards the sky in salaah.
180. To do any work without prayer in the masjid.
181. To offer Zakaah by using waste-goods.
182. To slaughter an animal from its back.
183. To eat fish which floats on water after its death.
184. To eat rotten fish.
185. To drink the blood of halaal animal.
186. To eat the urine-bag of halal animal.
187. To eat the glands of a halaal animal.
188. To eat the urine tube of a halaal animal.
189. To eat the testicles of a halaal animal.
190. To cut an animals's ear or nose .
191. To sleep on the stomach.
192. An adult girl fixing her own marriage even though the girl's father is not denying her nikaah.
193. To give divorce to the wife when she is in the state of Haidh (menstruation).
194. To ill-treat one's wife without any reason.
195. To accept an invitation or gift from a person who has more unlawful(haraam) money than lawful(halaal) money.
196. To take crops from the land which is confiscated wrongly.
197. To take an advantage from the confiscated land.
198. To walk on the confiscated land.
199. To walk on anyone's land without permission.
200. To read the fixed Aayat (verses) of the Qur'an in salaah .
Monday, July 21, 2014
101. To assist anyone in sins/criminal deeds.
102. To inspire anyone to commit any sin /criminal deed.
103. To play records of songs or music.
104. To sing songs for people or to make people listen to songs.
105. The singing of a woman for others.
106. To play Qawaali with music.
107. Not cutting nails or shaving pubic hair for more than 40 days.
108. To hesitate in giving anyone's necessary (fardh/wajib) right.
109. To think Hazrat Ali radiyallahu anho better than Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddique radiyallahu anho or Hazrat Umar Farooq radiyallahu anho
110. To commit suicide .
111. To disfigure/harm oneself or any part of one's body.
112. To eat and drink using the left hand.
113. To deny fate.
114. To disobey one's own Amir (cheiftain).
115. To believe the words of an astrologer to be true.
116. To blame or criticise other people's creed or race.
117. To invite people or lead any one in the wrong direction.
118. To begin any custom or tradition against the Shari'ah.
119. To make sign to harm or kill anyone by showing a knife.
120. To become habitual to pique or sudden fights.
121. To become ungrateful to the benefactor.
122. To be a miser in using water.
123. To be more careless in using water.
124. To find out the secret weaknesses of people.
125. To make severe attempts to know the secret weaknesses of people.
126. To beat a drum or play a violin.
127. To play any sort of musical instrument.
128. To listen to any sort of music.
129. To say 'kafir' to a muslim.
130. Not to treat justly if one has more than one wife.
131. To use hand to fulfill one's own sexuality.
132. To do misdeed with any animal.
133. To say bad to any food.
134. To show dance to people.
135. To make a record of dancing.
136. To love the duniya (this world) more in comparison to the Deen (faith).
137. To look at another woman with a bad intention.
138. To sit in solitude with a non-related woman in the house.
139. To touch a non-related woman in solitude.
140. To tell a lie even if it does not harm anyone.
141. To climb high and peep into the house of others without reason.
142. To break relations with a Muslim for more than three days without a genuine reason.
143. To quarrel on mean matters.
144. To laugh loudly while offering salaah.
145. To cry in salaah due to the remembrance of any calamity.
146. The use of silk among men.
147. To walk proudly and showily.
148. To keep contact with a sinner or impious person.
149. To bring a mad man to the masjid.
150. To bring a baby to the masjid.
Sunday, July 20, 2014
52. To play with clothes while offering Salaah.
53. To jump ahead the lines by crossing upon the necks of the people on Jumuah (Friday).
54. To commit adultery(zina) or make anyone do it.
55. To use the back-side for intercourse or make anyone use the back-side (against the natural one) for intercourse.
56. To consume any from of alcohol.
57. To drink toddy or hemp.
58. To eat or drink anything like opium which affects the senses.
59. To do any sort of stealing.
60. To put blame on a pious woman.
61. To confiscate anyone's property in a wrong manner.
62. To use(take) any sort of interest.
63. To run away from the field of Jihad inspite of having the power to face the combat
64. To confiscate the property of an orphan.
65. To accept or give bribes to get any work done.
66. To disobey parents.
67. Not to offer the rights of the relatives.
68. To denote any tale or work wrongly or falsely towards the Prophet (peace be upon him).
69. To break the fast of Ramadhan without a genuine reason.
70. Not to observe the fast of Ramadhan without valid reasons like travelling or sickness.
71. To offer any Salah before or after its usual time.
72. To pay Zakat late without any genuine reason.
73. To die without performing Haj or without making its will though having the capacity for it.
74. To harm anyone by ill-treatment or cruelty.
75. To blame any Sahaaba radiyallahu anhum ( companions of the Prophet - peace be upon him)
76. To say bad to Hafiz-e-Quran or Ulema-e -kram.
77. To disgrace the learned (Ulema) or Hafiz -e-Quran.
78. To flatter anyone excessively or to make wrong report about anyone and hurt him.
79. To use one's own wife for committing adultery with others.
80. To use one's own sister or daughter for comitting adultery(zina) with others.
81. To become happy on the deeds of adultery committed by one's own sister or daughter.
82. To be an agent of a woman for her committing adultery.
83. Not to cast inspiration among people inspite of having power to do good things.
84. To learn magic or train in the techniques of magic.
85. To use or make anyone use magic.
86. Not to stop people from doing wrong things inspite of having the power to do so.
87. To forget the Holy Qur'an due to carelessness.
88. To stop a woman from meeting or going to her husband.
89. To stop a woman from fulfilling her husband's rights.
90. To criticise a Muslim or a non-Muslim.
91. To become nervous of Allah's kindness (rahmath).
92. To become fearless of Allah's punishment (azaab).
93. To eat meat of a dead animal without helplessness.
94. To eat meat of a pig.
95. To play or take part in any sort of gambling.
96. To spend extravagantly or more than necessary.
97. To spread riots on the land.
98. To treat one's wife as a mother, sister or daughter.
99. To do looting on the paths.
100. To be engaged often in any little sin or crime.
Saturday, July 19, 2014
We should keep ourselves away from sins so that we remain safe from Allah's punishment in this world (duniya) and in the life after death (aakhirah). Some of the sins are mentioned below.
1. The deeds done only for worldly matters without considering the benefits of the life after death (aakhirah)
2. The talks not concerning with duniya and aakhirah.
3. To mock and irritate someone.
4. To imitate someone's walking style
5. To imitate anyone's laugh, sitting and standing positions.
6. To point out any Muslim's weakness by the sign of hand, foot or eye.
7. To seek anyone's weaknesses and faults.
8. To criticise someone/anyone.
9. To disgrace or make fun of anyone.
10. To listen to anyone's talks unnoticed.
11. To enter anyone's house without permission.
12. To peep in anyone's house.
13. To taunt or criticise anyone due to his nationality/race.
14. To count oneself in the race of others instead of one's own race.
15. To use slang language and to indulge in shameless chats.
16. To curse any person or animal.
17. To indulge in back-biting, tale-bearing or slandering.
18. To call anyone using bad names or surnames.
19. To refer or mention anyone with bad name/surname.
20. To disrespect /ill-treat the Ulemas(learned scholars) and Auliyas (saints).
21. To disrespect the verses (aayats) of Quran and Hadiths.
22. To disrespect the names of Allah Almighty .
23. To throw rubbish & garbage near the sitting or meeting places of people or on the pathways of use
24. To open one's own 'satr' without need.
25. Not to protect oneself from the drops of urine.
26. To wear trousers or garments below the ankle.
27. To make a show of generosity by offering gifts (sadaqah) to the poor or an institution.
28. To burn any animal in the fire.
29. To show or lead the wrong way to the blind.
30. To set anyone's wife against the husband .
31. To set the servant against the master.
32. To give false witness (proof)
33. To take an oath except in Allah's name.
34. To lie in speech.
35. To take an oath of Allah in the wrong method.
36. To make a way narrow which is used by people.
37. To distribute anything unequally (more or less) among one's own children.
38. To give tragic divorce to one's wife all of a sudden more than one time.
39. To weight and measure less.
40. To ask unknown & hidden matters to the astrologers.
41. To slaughter(zabah) an animal except in Allah's name.
42. To free an animal except in the name of Allah.
43. To put ornaments or clothes on the bodies of children against the Shariah.
44. To make pictures of living things.
45. To make use of pictures of living things.
46. To have a pet dog without an essential need.
47. To drop ill-scented things in the masjid (Mosque).
48. To speak or carry out any worldly affairs in the masjid.
49. Not to form a proper line for salaah (prayer).
50. To go ahead of the Imam while saying the prayer .
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
"And those who say: Our Lord! Grant us from our wives and our descendents coolness of the eyes and make us an example for the people of piety."
[Noble Quran 25:74]
What is alluded here is that the righteous servants of God do not care about correcting themselves only, but also take care of the virtuous actions of their children and spouse, and keep trying for their improvement, and it is a part of their efforts that they pray Allah to make them take the right path.
Marriage is one of the most important social relationships in society. If it goes sour, there is little hope for the overall society - especially the next generation.
The affection which Allah has created in the hearts of the two spouses is one of His great signs for the people of understanding. The relationship between husband and wife should be one of affection, compassion and mutual understanding.
If husband and wife do not find this in their marriage, then they need to look to their Islam and the completeness of their uboodiya (slavery and complete worship) to Allah Most High. By each of them focusing on the completeness of their Islam and carefully maintaining their obligations toward the other - instead of focusing on the faults of the other and attempting to use Islam as a stick with which to beat them down - the affection, compassion and great calm or peace of home life will insha'Allah be found.
The righteous slaves of Allaah also ask that, in their sayings and their actions, they should be made an example for those dutiful to Allaah, that their actions should be followed, that the people have confidence in their sayings, and that the people of good follow on behind then so that they, themselves are upon the guidance and give guidance to others.