Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sin is More Dangerous than the Tricks of the Enemy


Abu Hurairah (ra) narrated that I heard the Prophet (saws) saying , "If somebody commits a sin and then says, 'O my Lord ! I have sinned, please forgive me !' and his Lord says, 'My slave has known that he has a Lord who forgives sin and punishes for it, I therefore have forgiven My slave (his sins).' Then he remains without committing any sin for a while and then again commits another sin and says, 'O my Lord , I have committed another sin, please forgive me.' and Allah says, 'My slave has known that he has a Lord who forgives sin and punishes for it, I therefore have forgiven My slave (his sins).'Then he remains without committing any sin for a while and then commits another sin (for the third time) and says, 'O my Lord , I have committed another sin, please forgive me.' and Allah says, 'My slave has known that he has a Lord who forgives sin and punishes for it, I therefore have forgiven My slave (his sins).'

[Bukhari]

Explanation : We understand from this hadith that when Allah forgives a sin, it is forgiven. If the person commits the same sin again, Allah will not revoke His forgiveness for the previous time the sin was committed, but will only hold the sinner to account for the present occurrence. Forgiveness is something Allah gives, and He does not revoke what he gives. Once a sin is wiped from our records, it is wiped away for good.

If there is a phrase that can describe the world today , it has to be "Competing in Sin !" Many Muslim groups and individuals have taken an un-Islamic path and are trying to do what non-Muslim groups and individuals are doing. It is a competition in sin and Muslims are losing.

About fourteen hundred years ago, one of the most beloved person of the Muslim Ummah , Umar bin Abdul Aziz (r) wrote a letter to a military commander and said : Sin is more dangerous that the ruses/tricks of the enemy. We overcome our enemies in the battlefield only because of their vices and sins. Thus, if we equate ourselves with our enemies in misdeeds and transgressions, they would undoubtedly gain a victory over us by their numerical superiority and strength

No comments:

Post a Comment