Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sweet and Touching Voice



Ibn Mas`ud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said to me, "Recite the Qur'an to me.'' I said: "O Messenger of Allah! Shall I recite it to you when it was revealed to you?'' He (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, "I like to hear it from others.'' Then I began to recite Surat An-Nisa'. When I reached the Ayah: `How will it be when We shall bring a witness from every people and bring you as a witness against them?' (Having heard it) he said, "Enough! Enough!'' When I looked at him, I found his eyes were overflowing with tears.

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Explanation : This hadith stresses the need to hear the recitation of the Qur'an from those who recite it beautifully in order to contemplate over it, as was done by the Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) himself.

This Hadith also induces us to recite the Qur'an with a sweet and touching voice because the recitation of the Qur'an in this manner enhances its effect. In any case, sweet voice is a gift of Allah Who grants it to whom He likes. Lucky indeed are those who are granted this gift and they go about using it to invite people to the religion of Allah

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) saying, "Allah does not listen so attentively to anything as He listens to the recitation of the Qur'an by a Prophet who recites well with a melodious and audible voice.''[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

"Allah does not listen so attentively'' has two- fold meanings. First, Allah's acceptance and pleasure. Second, His attribute of Hearing. One must have to believe in it although we can neither describe it nor compare it with anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment